Senior Release Engineer
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer – Delivery
Scalability, speed and efficiency are three key factors that influence our technological development at trivago. Because of this, we are interested in finding a Delivery Software Engineer to take ownership of our release process and focus on these areas. In this position you will manage our tools for deployment, automated testing (unit-integration, user acceptance tests etc.), application configuration and release management. We want someone who can support the daily releases from a technical perspective whilst continuously researching solutions and new approaches that will drive the process and trivago to the next level.
The ideal candidate:
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Has graduated or completed an apprenticeship in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- Has worked for 2-3years as a Software Engineer, specializing in Release Engineering / Delivery. During this time the candidate has worked with open source technology and is experienced in internet scale Unix environments.
- Is experienced in PHP and has also worked with C, Go or Java.
- Is proficient in scripting with Bash and Python.
- Has excellent knowledge of support tools like Git, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Vagrant, Docker etc.
What we offer:
- A large-scale, complex, and rapidly evolving IT landscape.
- The opportunity to make a difference for millions of users.
- A free choice of PC or Mac and equipment.
- External trainings by key influencers of the IT scene.
- Regular code workshops, conference visits, hackathons and time for innovation.
- Relocation and on boarding support.
- Possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca up to 4 weeks a year.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
Starting date: As soon as possible
We do not require the services of an agency for this position.